Sold! 67 Tophet Road Roxbury, CT 06783 | Home For Sale In Roxbury CT
Call Deborah now at 203-994-4297 for more information on Roxbury Real Estate and on moving to the area!
Sold Listings and Properties
Powered by RealBird.com
10 Things You Didn't Know About Roxbury Connecticut – Roxbury, Connecticut, has so much to offer to residents and visitors alike. It is a small community nestled in the western part of the state, with a population under 3,000 individuals. It is such a beautiful place to live; however many people are unaware of the town itself and how it came to be. Here are 10 things you may not have known about Roxbury, Connecticut.
1. Roxbury, which was also known by the Indian name”Shepaug”, meaning “rocky water”, was settled in 1713.
2. 26.2 square miles of the town is on land and the other 0.1 square miles is water, making Roxbury 26.3 square miles.
3. The leaders of the “Green Mountain Boys”, Seth Warner, Ethan Allen, and Remember Baker, were all from Roxbury.
4. Actor Dustin Hoffman is originally from Roxbury.
5. Roxbury Center has 32 buildings in their designated local historic district
6. Granite found in the Mine Hill quarries was used for great landmarks, such as the Brooklyn Bridge and Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
7. There are four schools in the local school district.
8. The majority of adults living in Roxbury, CT, are college graduates.
9. Marilyn Monroe was from Roxbury, Connecticut.
10. There are three landmarks in Roxbury, which are included on the National Register of Historic Places listing.