Your CT waterfront home is worth more than the regular homes overall!
Waterfront homes are the properties located on an ocean or lake with a combination of 10 sq. km. of surface area or greater. And if you are thinking of selling your waterfront property in CT or you just want to know where it stands on the market, here’s a quick guide for you.
My direct answer would be, your CT waterfront home value will always depend on whatever someone will pay you for it. You may have the best waterfront view, but
if your house is not properly set up and you don’t know where to start to know its accurate price, it simply will not sell.
How can you make your home more valuable?
Preparing your home is very important. It won’t only ensure your house to sell faster, it can also add thousands of dollars to its value.
Here are doable steps that you can undertake:
- Declutter in every possible aspect. Move out all bulky furniture that will make your place look or feel crowded
- Impress them with your lifestyle, while at the same time, allow space for them to envision themselves living in your home
- If your door needs a new coat of paint, brave a bright color for a change
- Fix and clean your door knobs, holes in walls, torn carpets
- Remove all kinds of odors. Hang up fresh towels
- Reface your kitchen cabinetry
- Update your plumbing fixtures
- Make it light and airy. Mirrors and windows should not manifest dust. Dress up your windows with blinds or curtains with a neutral shade
- Get the right smells. If your showing in the evening, take advantage of burning some pinecones for the delicious smell.
- Recoup your money by converting extra space into rooms
And since we are talking about your waterfront home:
- Have a clear view of the water itself. Take the time to ensure all trees, bushes and shrubberies are trimmed and won’t obstruct the view of the water
- Make sure that it’s easy to access your dock. It’s also a great idea to make sure the dock is of the highest quality
- Clean the shoreline at your home. You can avoid turning off your buyers by simply removing infested seaweed
I’m excited to find out how else we can improve your waterfront home to sell in CT
Selling does not have to be complicated. When we plan, prepare and execute the steps written above. I can assure you of a stress-free and a successful sale!
Waterfront homes for sale in CT are valued based on features and location similar to other properties. You will see properties in Connecticut listed right now from approximately $300,000 to $5,995,000. I can’t wait to do “comparables” when I find recently sold properties with characteristics similar to your home. This will help us determine the closest estimation to your home price.
At the end of the day, a REALTORⓇ like me, Debbie Laemmerhirt, is who you need. I specialize in waterfront properties in CT and I’m your best bet in helping you create a positive start and together, we’ll both end it with success!
Call me at 203-994-4297 and let’s start making tangible impacts on your home value!
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view ?What's My CT Waterfront Home Value? on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1z2-5uUiPQ&feature=youtu.be