Have a ballpark figure when knowing the price of your home
If you’re considering selling your home in Washington CT, or have already made a choice to sell it, it’s important to have a good sense of what your home is worth in today’s market.
I have been in the real estate business for many years and I’ve encountered and have seen sellers follow specific factors that help them find out the worth of their home.
Your home is really only worth what someone will pay. So you’ll have to wait until you start getting offers to know. You also need to know that the value changes from time to time. The market fluctuates just as school ratings go up and down.
What can you do to increase the value of your home?
Even before pricing your home, you may have already gone online to check a few home value estimators. You may have been given figures according to the information you provided.
There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, you are encouraged to do your homework by knowing the process of selling a property and having an idea of how much your home in Washington CT will sell for. But remember, these are just “estimators”.
Here are some suggestions that can help your home’s value to go up:
- Know your property’s strengths. Write down the improvements you’ve made to your home recently. Things like adding a new roof or new insulation to increase your home’s energy efficiency. An expert said that most homes, even with all the bells and whistles, “will fall within a 2.5% range of the average sold price both below and over the number”. Correlate all the comparables or “comps” in your area that have sold in the 12 months into a bell curve. That way, you can eliminate the outliers and will come up with a figure that is right for market pricing.
- Ask your friends for a trusted REALTORⓇ. Technology is a great part of this whole process, but it does not replace a knowledgeable real estate agent or a REALTORⓇ. Ask him or her for a competitive market analysis (CMA) to get the most accurate value of your home or if they are using their own home value estimator, ask for their estimated value. They can tailor the estimate because they know the area better. They are familiar with the most current sales. They can also assist you in hiring an appraiser.
- These small home improvements can really pay off:
- Paint always provides dramatic results with little investment.
- A nice and simple deck will provide you with more than a place to flip burgers and soak up the sun.
- Remodel your kitchen. You can’t go wrong with an updated kitchen. This is said to net up to 83 % of the cost.
- Replace your windows. Energy-efficient windows eliminate drafts.
- Improve your landscape. You can plant petunias or surround your home with a hedge.
Are you ready to sell your home?
Choosing to sell your home is one of the crucial financial planning decisions that will have a lasting impact on your journey.
This can be done hassle-free. I can help you get the most accurate value of your home.
Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt, anytime at 203-994-4297. Share your plans with me!
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view What’s My Washington CT Home Value? on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1hBS9Kc2Kw&feature=youtu.be