5 Ways To Prepare For Summer Break – Spring is already here and summer is just around the corner – are you ready? Summer will bring higher temperatures, kids out of school, non-stop events, and possibly even vacation time! Here are 5 ways to help you prepare for summer break this year.
- Clean out your closets: Pull all winter clothing and accessories out of your closets and assess the situation. What can you pack up until next winter? What can you give to your local donation center? Make a few swift decisions; dry clean what you must, and pack up winter clothing until the cold comes again. Hang up your summer clothes with a few light jackets and you’ll be set for the warmer days!
- Upgrade the lawn: Give your lawn a fresh look by picking up fallen branches and sweeping up dead leaves that have accumulated over the summer. If some grass has died, reseed early, so that your yard will be green and ready for summer fun.
- De-clutter the gutters: It is important to clear your gutters of debris and dirt so that they work well for the summer and to prevent damage to your home, foundation, and landscaping. You can hire someone to do this, or even do it yourself to save a few bucks.
- Stock up on warm weather goodies: As the sunshine grows brighter, stores will be breaking out the summer necessities for hot temperatures. Take the time now to stock up on sunscreen, sunglasses, bug spray, Band-Aids and more to save you time later.
- Get ready to party: Prepare your patio or porch for impromptu summer parties. Hose off winter mud and put snow shovels, sleds, boots away. Load up on charcoal, matches, paper plates, and other necessities so you are prepared for a good grill out with friends and family.
It may not seem like much, but a little preparation and planning can go a long way this year. Taking the time to clean and freshen up your home and schedule events ahead of time can make a world of difference. Start with these 5 tips and check out Realty Times, The Wire, and List Plan It for more even more awesome tips.