A sophisticated retreat in a country setting
Tucked in a private neighborhood and set on more than two acres of a professionally landscaped lot, this Colonial home delivers the ultimate comfort, privacy, and serenity.
It features 4,466 square feet of living space and is proud of its 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, spacious chef's kitchen, 2 large family rooms, a home office, a formal living or dining room, an exercise room, and a stunning and one-of-a-kind backyard retreat.
You’ll love its high ceilings and wide windows that look out onto the green lawn. Mature trees surround the property, giving this home for sale a feeling of serenity and seclusion.
This home is strategically located. It is only minutes away from downtown New Fairfield, making transportation convenient and easy. It is also only a few minutes away from New York State.
A town with a wonderful community feel
If you are looking for a peaceful and serene community where you can live your ideal lifestyle, New Fairfield is the place to be. It is one of the communities that surround Candlewood Lake.
Though it may seem like a sleepy little town, this community has seen an increase in residents when the once vacation homeowners realized how great the schools are.
The downtown area has historic buildings, several shopping centers, and locally owned businesses. It is only a 9 minute drive from the home to downtown, a short drive considering you won't even notice the time due to the scenic route.
If you enjoy outdoor activities, you’ll have the time of your life in this community! This home is along the borders of Pootatuck State Forest where you can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, hunting, bird watching, snowmobiling, and cross country skiing.
Take a short drive and you’ll come across Candlewood Lake 4.6 miles away, which means you’ll be able to enjoy the water sports you love whenever you want.
Fall in love with the meticulously designed space
From the excellent craftsmanship to the tastefully chosen interior finishes, you'll admire everything about this home. You’ll notice that attention is given to even the smallest details.
From the street view of the home, you are greeted with a wide expanse of a professionally landscaped lot. This property has a long driveway that leads to the 2-car attached garage.
Open the grand front door and be welcomed by an elegant two-story foyer with imported oversized porcelain floors. Across the main door is an impressive staircase that leads to the second level.
Turn left from the foyer and find yourself in an expansive space with gleaming black floors and large windows. This is the perfect space for your formal living room, with its gorgeous views of the landscaped front yard and garden.
Or you can turn this oversized room into a game room where all the fun happens. Install a billiard table and let your guests be drawn in by the amazing space and entertainment that awaits them in this room.
This room opens to an ample-sized study room which you can convert into a home office. It is just the perfect size to fit your large filing cabinet, several chairs, and your favorite oak table.
Your inner chef will rejoice in the generously-sized luxury kitchen
No expenses was spared in this New Fairfield home’s vast kitchen. Its features include chic custom cabinets, high end stainless steel appliances, marble quartz counters, a walk-in pantry, an enormous center island, and a breakfast bar that opens to a gorgeous three season sunroom and multilevel decks facing the backyard.
This kitchen is perfect for any occasion, whether it's a simple and casual family dinner, or a large gathering like holiday celebrations and parties.
This kitchen is also open to a lovely and ample-spaced family room with oversized windows and stone surround fireplace.
Fit for entertaining and comfortable living, this functional yet sophisticated space invites the best of relaxation. Put your feet up and relax while waiting for dinner to be served.
Experience relaxation in an elevated great room
When you need a more private setting, or when you’re throwing a large party, this home is fully equipped to take in more guests.
A set of stairs from the family room leads to an elevated great room which boasts of a cathedral ceiling, a wet bar area, ebony floors and several seating areas. A unique wall mounted fireplace graces a wall on one side.
A few exposed beams on the ceiling enhance the rustic feel of this room.
A huge and luxurious master bedroom
All bedrooms of this home are on the second level, accessible through the staircase in the foyer.
If you are seeking privacy and me-time, the elegant master retreat of this home is the best place to be.
A huge room, it has vaulted ceilings, a glass french door, an electric fireplace, a large closet, and an en suite bathroom. The french door let in plenty of room, giving this room a bright and cheerful appeal.
A perfect sanctuary, this serene bedroom offers the best sleep and tranquil nights.
The master bath is equally stunning.
It has a double vanity, shower and jetted bathtub, and a separate commode area. The best way to end the day is to luxuriate in a warm bath, filled with your favorite scents.
Three additional bedrooms on the second level give this home ample space for all your needs.
More space on the lower level
And just in case you need addition space, the lower level has more to offer. It has another large family room with white walls, carpeted floors, and a sliding door which opens to an awesome deck.
There’s also an exercise room so you’ll have no worries about keeping fit, and plenty of storage areas to keep the upstairs area clutter free.
A stunning backyard retreat awaits you
On top of all the amazing features and amenities of this home, this home has a multi-level deck that can be accessed through all the levels.
When you long for serenity surrounded by nature, this is the best place to be.
Just this deck alone gives you enough reason to fall in love with this gorgeous home.
Life is beautiful and easy in this home for sale in New Fairfield, priced to sell at $525,000.
Do you want to know more information about this home? Visit my website at https://HomesInConnecticutForSale.com/ for more information.
Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt at 203-994-4297. Let my experience and skills help you find your dream home.
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view 2 Laurelwood Dr New Fairfield CT 06812 | Home for Sale on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjLBnnQ2fT0&feature=youtu.be
Need to sell your CT house fast?
Selling your house in Connecticut does not have to be about compromises all the time! We have thought of you and came up with steps that could help you sell your house fast without having to give your house away for next to nothing!
My name is Debbie Laemmerhirt and part of my vision is to be a game changer of the real estate scene in this state. Who else can help you with the finest service than a bona fide resident of Connecticut?
Welcome to our series of articles that will serve as your comprehensive guide to selling your house fast. If you’re clueless about how the world of real estate selling works, this is the mini e-book you need to read.
Why do you need a REALTORⓇ when selling your home?
Let’s watch this video made by a fellow REALTORⓇ about the importance of working with a preeminent real estate professional in your community.
A REALTORⓇ is a licensed real estate agent who’s also a member of the National Association of REALTORSⓇ, the largest trade group in the US.
A REALTORⓇ like me holds a higher ethical standard and together with all members, should always adhere to the Code of Ethics.
What exactly do we do? We:
- We serve as the middleman between two parties aiming to sell (or buy) a property
- We have the skills and expertise to market your house and sell it fast, for a high amount
- We are knowledgeable about the local laws
- We know the latest trends within the local property market
- We know what the competitive prices are for various properties you want to sell (or again, buy)
Aside from these roles, I also specifically:
- Head a real estate group so we can always be ready to give you expert service and support
- Specialise in residential and commercial properties
- Track the closing process of a sale to ensure a smooth transaction
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Help you price your home correctly and implement a unique and proven marketing strategy
Regardless of the distance, I’m prepared to respond to your questions and needs. I’ve lived here for more than 35 years and I know which works best in this place. I practice real estate in Fairfield County, New Haven County, and Litchfield County.
I’m excited to share with you my knowledge and help you become successful in your dreams, during and even after you have sold your home in CT.
Call me at 203-994-4297. Hope to hear from you!
Up next: Tips on how to choose the best REALTORⓇ and what your selling attitude should be.
What’s the difference between FSBO and choosing to sell my home with a REALTORⓇ
What does FSBO mean?
FSBO or For Sale by Owner is real estate jargon which indicates that you, as the owner of the property, are opting to sell it yourself instead of going through a REALTORⓇ. One of the main reasons for selling a house yourself is to avoid paying commissions on fees to a REALTORⓇ.
FSBO is increasingly popular today now that we can get any information online. If you don’t have a camera, most of you have smartphones which have made marketing easy.
If you’re contemplating on selling your own home in CT fast, take a look at these advantages:
- You will avoid agent commission
- You can find the resources you need online
Meanwhile, let’s talk about the option of selling your house with a REALTORⓇ
A REALTORⓇ is a real estate agent and a member of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR). Like me, Debbie Laemmerhirt, I have the educational requirements, accountability to the Code of Ethics that covers ethical requirements that deal with all aspects of the job.
From dealing with fellow agents, consumers to writing reliable advertising, a REALTORⓇ is like a high power scanning machine, we can see real estate hiccups that we need to correct so we can be sure we get the highest value for your house.
Some of the things you don’t need to do if you’re working with one are:
- I can list your property on the MLS (multiple listing service), a database that provides all the information of the properties which are currently on the market. You could miss out on showings if your home is not listed there and it can link you with more tours and a faster sale
- You will be entitled to professional pricing and advice. You need to learn how to play by the rules. We know your house means everything to you and you want to get what you think it is worth. In real estate, comparable sales in your area will help us determine the market value of your house. I have priced hundreds of homes, so you can be assured that I have taken this road and have mastered how to correctly price homes
- You will have someone to do the paperwork. Selling a home can be a minefield. We will encounter back and forth negotiations, a lot of legalities and documents to complete. A REALTORⓇ will review sales offers, and help you with counteroffers
- You don’t have to worry about coordinating home showings. You may not be always available and this will lead to your property not having enough exposure and less potential to receive offers. If you have an expert with you, you don’t have to be glued to your phone because we do all the work. We can install a lock box so I can bring clients to your home without having to bother you all the time.
How Can a Realtor® Help Me Sell My Home Fast
Countless decisions await you the moment you decided to sell your home. Many of these will have a direct and significant impact on how successful your listing will be. For your CT home to sell quickly, it needs to have the right price, be properly marketed, and well-presented.
How can a Realtor® help you?
- Help you establish a fair market price for your home.
Your home's price has the most significant impact on the success or failure of your home selling journey.
If you price your home too high, it's just going to sit on the market for months and soon the property will become stale. Having the right price is the key, and that's one of the things I can assist you with. Using real estate tools like the CMA and MLS, I can help you come up with a price that's agreeable to you but also right on the market value of the home.
- Provide advice on how you can maximize your home's aesthetics to be more appealing to buyers.
Realtors® know what buyers want in a home. It comes with the years of working with people.
I can walk into your home and tell you exactly what buyers will love and change. I give advice and suggestions on what to improve and upgrade in your property so buyers will find it more appealing.
I also have an established network of contractors who can assist you in everything, from moving to deep cleaning, house repairs, plumbing works, painting works, roof repairs, interior designing and more.
Your home will be prepped and staged so its best features are highlighted.
- Market your home extensively.
According to the NAR Profiles of Home Buyers and Sellers 2017, 95% of home buyers use the internet to search for their next homes. If your home is not on any real estate portals or on the MLS, buyers will not find your home.
A Realtor® will list your home on the MLS, post your home on the top real estate sites so it is visible for buyers, and brand it right so it will be easily seen by its market.
I have a highly competent team to market your home online. They make sure that your home is listed on top real estate sites, social media, and other multimedia platforms. All these marketing tools increase your chance of being seen by the right market.
Your home’s videos and photos, be it on brochures, flyers or spreads, will also be done in the highest quality
- Delivers convenience and better access to buyers.
Buyers prefer immediate responses and if you happen to be busy and were delayed in replying to questions, the buyers will move on and find a new property.
Your Realtor® is your liaison to the buyers, providing better access to your home information, answering questions and setting appointments.
Having professional assistance is of immense help because it is convenient and less stressful for you.
- Superb negotiation skills.
Your Realtor® can sell your home for its best price by presenting all documentation in a logical and professional manner. This may be a huge challenge for you as a seller because you have an emotional connection to the house.
Any dislikes or feedback from the potential buyer may be construed negatively if directly mentioned to you as the seller and may be the reason for the cancellation of the negotiation. If you have a Realtor®, you have someone who’ll deal directly with the sellers without being offended.
If you want to move your home quickly, the assistance of a Realtor® is of immense importance.
How can I make a good first impression on my buyers?
In real estate, the first impression is the only impression. You have only one chance to impress your potential buyer, so you have to make to make it count.
It is a highly competitive market, and with the number of homes available for buyers to choose from, if your home for sale is not appealing, enticing and impressive, you'll find your property staying on the market longer than you want, or worse, getting stale.
That's why it is important, no, crucial, that you pay attention to your home's details and ensure that your home shows well from the moment the buyer sets eyes on it. Buyers have the privilege to look and judge everything, and they definitely do that! From the landscape to the paint color, to the size of the drawers and the features of the home, nothing escapes the eyes of meticulous buyers.
To make sure that you make an outstanding first impression, here are five great tips you can do:
- Clean, clean, clean! Buyers can see past old appliances, outdated wallpaper, and missing fence boards, but a messy house is totally unacceptable. Give your house a deep clean. Wash your windows, wipe down your appliances and counters, wash your carpet, mop the floor, etc. Or better yet, get it professionally cleaned. This will ensure your home sparkles.
- Make it spacious. Unless you have a magic wand, you cannot add space to your home. However, you can make it look bigger, brighter and more spacious by decluttering. By throwing away any unnecessary items and putting extra furniture in storage, you can make your home look larger than it is.
If you want some quick decluttering tips, check out this video:
- Spruce up your curb appeal. Your home's curb appeal is the first thing buyers see when they come for a showing. It's important to make your curb appeal enticing enough for them to want to see more.
One way to ensure your home's exterior is clean is to give it a good power wash. When done correctly, it can get rid of the years of dust and grime and make a huge difference. Power wash your driveway, the walls, the patio or deck. It makes your exterior look cleaner, newer, brighter and most importantly, well-maintained.
Another way to increase the possibility of a sale] is to make your home's curb appeal charming and inviting. Trim the grass, prune the hedges, and add some plants. Plants make a house feel more like a home, so be sure to add two to three potted blooms on your porch for that welcoming look.
Make sure that your front garden is alive and thriving. If you have any trees in the front yard, make sure to remove the dead branches and dried leaves.
Adding a nice welcome mat at the front door is a simple and easy way to boost your home's curb appeal.
- Repair any minor issues and damages. As much as buyers love beautiful homes, they prefer move-in ready homes with minimal physical issues so they have less to worry about. Fix everything that needs repair, be it broken door knobs, leaky faucets, cracked tiles, etc. You want everything in the home to be in good working order.
- Paint. One of the easiest and cheapest ways to update your home's look is to paint it. It is amazing how a fresh coat of paint can instantly boost your home's appearance and make it look newer and well-maintained. Pick a neutral-toned paint color, which will make your home look bright and inviting.
These simple steps will help make your home more impressive and enticing enough for buyers.
Up next: What can staging do to sell my home fast?
If you think you need more information about the importance of working with me, call me at 203-994-4297!
Going for FSBO vs. hiring a REALTORⓇ depends on your situation. Having these options will not only make your decision making easier, it will also encourage you to go for it since you can get the help that you need!
Your waterfront home is worth more than the regular homes overall!
Waterfront homes are the properties located on an ocean or lake with a combination of 10 sq. km. of surface area or greater. And if you are thinking of selling your waterfront property in CT or you just want to know where it stands on the market, here’s a quick guide for you.
My direct answer would be, the worth of your home will always depend on whatever someone will pay you for it. You may have the best waterfront view, but
if your house is not properly set up and you don’t know where to start to know its accurate price, it simply will not sell.
How can you make your home more valuable?
Preparing your home is very important. It won’t only ensure your house to sell faster, it can also add thousands of dollars to its value.
Here are doable steps that you can undertake:
- Declutter in every possible aspect. Move out all bulky furniture that will make your place look or feel crowded
- Impress them with your lifestyle, while at the same time, allow space for them to envision themselves living in your home
- If your door needs a new coat of paint, brave a bright color for a change
- Fix and clean your door knobs, holes in walls, torn carpets
- Remove all kinds of odors. Hang up fresh towels
- Reface your kitchen cabinetry
- Update your plumbing fixtures
- Make it light and airy. Mirrors and windows should not manifest dust. Dress up your windows with blinds or curtains with a neutral shade
- Get the right smells. If your showing in the evening, take advantage of burning some pinecones for the delicious smell.
- Recoup your money by converting extra space into rooms
And since we are talking about your waterfront home:
- Have a clear view of the water itself. Take the time to ensure all trees, bushes and shrubberies are trimmed and won’t obstruct the view of the water
- Make sure that it’s easy to access your dock. It’s also a great idea to make sure the dock is of the highest quality
- Clean the shoreline at your home. You can avoid turning off your buyers by simply removing infested seaweed
I’m excited to find out how else we can improve your waterfront home to sell in CT
Selling does not have to be complicated. When we plan, prepare and execute the steps written above. I can assure you of a stress-free and a successful sale!
Waterfront homes are valued based on features and location similar to other properties. You will see properties in Connecticut listed right now from approximately $300,000 to $5,995,000. I can’t wait to do “comparables” when I find recently sold properties with characteristics similar to your home. This will help us determine the closest estimation to your home price.
At the end of the day, a REALTORⓇ like me, Debbie Laemmerhirt, is who you need. I specialize in waterfront properties in CT and I’m your best bet in helping you create a positive start and together, we’ll both end it with success!
Call me at 203-994-4297 and let’s start making tangible impacts on your home value!
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view 🏠What's My CT Waterfront Home Value? on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1z2-5uUiPQ&feature=youtu.be
Three kinds of costs when you’re selling a home
People often ask me,”If I were to sell my home, about how much will it cost me?” We all know there are more than just the closing costs when selling your house in New Canaan, CT.
I’m thrilled to share with you the different stages of costs that you need to be aware of when you’re in the process of selling your property, from starting to sell it until the day you hand your keys to the new owner.
- The costs when you are gearing your house to sell – To attract other people to view your house, you need to prepare it and make it appealing and irresistable. Take care of the maintenance and repairs that you have been putting on hold. Prioritize them.
Talk to me, Debbie Laemmerhirt, to understand what to focus on. Focus on your walls, doors, and curb appeal. Ask referrals from friends and local stores who usually have business cards by the desk. Ask around and get quotes until you decide which one you like best. Always go with the one who can give you the best value.
Let’s take a look at this breakdown:
- Home repairs, maintenance
- Staging your home
- Pre-sale inspection
The costs will vary depending on the size of your home and scope of what needs to be improved.
- The costs of being in contract to sell your home. Yes, that’s right! It’s possible that there are still costs linked when your buyer gets your home inspected.
In New Canaan, CT, the buyer normally pays for the licensed home inspector who will perform the inspection. However, you can still be on the hook in case the pool and the septic tank need to be opened for inspection. Again, these can be eliminated if you had your pre-sale inspection.
Closing costs are the most expensive part of selling your home!
If you’ve made it through preparing your house, your escrow and now you’re meeting the new owner, this is where closing costs come into play.
- Pay off mortgage loan balance
- Unpaid property taxes
- Unpaid association fees
- Commission (It usually defaults to 5-6% of sale price)
- Attorney fee
- Recording fees
- Conveyance taxes
- Capital gains taxes (A topic that you should best discuss with your accountant)
It is lucrative to choose an attorney that specializes in real estate transactions. This is also to be at peace that you’re being represented correctly and protected in the sale of your asset. Don’t forget about the taxes!
In the entire state of Connecticut, towns normally charge .25% of the sale price while the state charges .75% of the total sale price. But take note that there are particular towns that charge higher than .25%. Just don’t forget to consider the 1% sales tax.
This topic is huge when you visit my website at Homes for Sale in New Canaan CT.
Work with the best REALTORⓇ in town!
New Canaan is a great place in Fairfield County, CT. I know this place with all my heart and I know that it’s not difficult to sell your house in this location. It’s known as one of the most prosperous communities in the United States. It’s close to high-rating schools, recreational facilities and top-notch amenities.
I can be with you until the closing day and come in prepared with the documents and will make sure there are no unanswered questions when it comes to your home. It makes good business sense to be with you through the entire process.
Call me, Debbie Laemmerhirt, at 203-994-4297. Let’s make this a one of a kind partnership!
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view 🏡What Are the Closing Costs of Selling a Home in New Canaan CT on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj5N7flgLaE&list=PLsSVjUfpUE5OAap-hqJzsgaA0FLEpQp9U&index=1
Thinking about selling your home?
Before putting your property on the market, one of the first things that you have to do is to determine the value of your Candlewood Lake home.
Your home’s value is what a ready buyer is willing to pay for your property. It is not based on what you initially paid for the house or how much you’ve spent to improve the property.
There are many factors that can affect your home’s market value.
The neighborhood is one of the biggest influencers of a home’s value. A great home in a poor location can blow a significant amount off a property’s worth.
Is your home in proximity to public transportation, shopping facilities, and quality local school? Homes that are close to shopping locations, and ones with easy access to major highways, tend to sell for more than ones far away from everything.
Another key factor that affects the value of your Candlewood Lake home is the feature it provides. Today, more buyers prefer homes that offer spacious, flowing floor plans and high ceilings.
The age and size of your home as compared to other nearby properties also play a part in determining your home’s worth.
Buyers will also consider the condition of your home when deciding if they want to purchase it and how much they will pay for it.
If your Candlewood Lake home is in excellent condition, it has a much higher potential for top dollar than one that is obviously in need of basic routine maintenance.
Expect that buyers will check paints, floor covering, walls, ceilings, floors, doors, and windows. They will also be inspecting plumbing, electrical work, repairs, bathrooms, and kitchen.
When the market is full of similar properties for sale and buyers are few, you can expect to sell your home for less than you would if there were fewer homes for sale and lots of eager potential buyers.
Some home improvements can increase the value of your home. To make the most of your remodeling budget, focus on features that most home buyers really want to see.
Seller motivation is another factor that affects the offer price made by the buyer. The most common motivated seller is someone who has already bought his or her next home or is relocating to a new area.
If you have already bought a home in a new area you may be willing to accept a lower price to quickly complete the sale your current house and avoid the prospect of making two mortgage payments at the same time.
The marketing plan of your real estate agent will determine the amount of interest that your property will generate. In addition, your agent’s level of skill and expertise in the negotiating process will also affect the amount of money you’ll be able to get for your home.
It is important to choose the best real estate professional who will market your most valuable asset.
Are you ready to sell your home?
I can help you get the most accurate value of your home. I’m a real estate professional with years of experience under my belt.
Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt, anytime at 203-994-4297.
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view What's My Candlewood Lake Home Value? on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi-tKaRv-oY&feature=youtu.be
It’s wise to know the value of your home as a seller
When was the last time you checked the value of your home? This a lucrative season for utilizing tools that are either online or possibly given by a REALTORⓇ.
The great news is you’ll never run out of options to know your home standing in the market since most home value estimators can now be accessed anytime on different websites.
These are all advantages if you’re thinking of selling your home, considering getting a loan, finally doing the renovation that your family has planned for a long time, or perhaps it could be something that you do on an annual basis to know your home status in your local real estate market.
What are the steps that you can do to know the worth of your home in Ridgefield CT?
The value of your property is determined by a number of different criteria. I ask my clients to use Homes in Connecticut Home Value Estimator. But I don’t end there since home valuations are estimated figures and are dependent on the information you supply.
If you know you have enough equity to enlist your house to sell, you have probably gone online and compared values of other homes which is a smart move!
That’s probably what I would do, too. But let me share with you something that I know and have seen all these years while I have been working this job: if you need a more specific help, complement the work that you do online with a lot of help from your trusted REALTORⓇ.
There’s a personal touch and although my computer is my best aide when I work, I still think better than it. We can work together to perform an equity analysis. I can complete a comparative market analysis (CMA) and this is what will give you the most accurate value of your home.
The value can change depending on what you do to improve your house, your neighborhood and even your local housing market area.
You may like: Preparing Your Home for Sale
What can you do to increase the worth of your home?
There are numerous ways to upgrade your property in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
Give your home the nudge that it needs when you’ve finally decided to sell it. You can get your desired price.
- Create space. Increase the value of your house by creating a sense of flow.
- Give emphasis on your landscape. Make sure to cut tangled trees and unruly bushes as they do not help you show the genuine beauty of your house.
- Welcome more light into your home. Know more about sun tubes, also known as light pipes, sunscoops or tubular skylights.
- Never disregard the basic repairs you’ve been planning to do. The plumbing leaks, rusty rain gutters. They, too, need TLC.
- Start with the door. If you don’t have a conventional door bell, come up with something innovative. Use chimes! Never underestimate the power of a front door.
I can’t wait to work with you. If you have not made up your mind, take note of my number, 203-994-4297, and call me when you’re ready to discuss your plans. This is Debbie Laemmerhirt, and I’m at your service!
**In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view What's My Ridgefield CT Home Value? on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7uemYR98-8&feature=youtu.be**
Location, Location, Location. This classic home combines a spacious open floor plan with quality. Superior lot & location in a sought after sub-division on the cul de sac. Level professional landscaped property with blue stone walkway to the impressive home entrance. The large foyer opens the flow to this home in an upscale way. Remarkable two story. Great Room boasts an impressive fireplace, surrounding built-ins, comfortable bay window area & expansive loft overlook. Opening into the large kitchen and breakfast nook area w/lots of natural light & french doors to deck, space feels comfortable for both relaxation & boundless entertainment possibilities. Great opportunity with wonderful area amenities & easy down county / NYS commute.
SOLD! 22 Woodridge Ln, New Fairfield, CT 06812 | New Fairfield Homes for Sale
|Deborah Laemmerhirt – REALTOR®|
Sold Listings and Properties
Come and move right in! Located on the New York State line for easy commuting. This great home boasts tasteful updates, including but not limited to totally renovated kitchen-new cabinets, sink, faucet and all new stainless steel appliances. Newly finish & stained hardwood floors throughout the house. Two full bathrooms beautifully designed and updated. Back hallway w/access to bath & deck. Both bedrooms & one of the bathrooms are upstairs. Master bedroom is bright and open with a sky light and 2 large closets. Outside, you'll find a professionally landscaped property, stone steps and walls, composite front deck, large yard and a shed. Enjoy entertaining on the oversized back deck & the open side yard.
SOLD! 25 Hudson Dr, New Fairfield, CT 06812 | New Fairfield CT Homes
|Deborah Laemmerhirt – REALTOR®|
|Our recent listings
195 Injun Hollow Rd Haddam CT 06438 | 4 Level Waterfront Home for Sale with a Pool | $820,000 | Haddam, CT
286 Black Rock Tpke Redding CT 06896 | Colonial Home for Sale | $795,000 | Redding, CT
73 Railroad St New Milford CT 06776/ Wine Store for Sale in New Milford | $660,000 | New Milford, CT
Newtown CT Lakefront Home For Sale – 310 Great Quarter Rd | $520,000 | Newtown, CT
3 Bedroom Lakefront Cottages for Sale in Danbury CT |27 Musnug Rd | $529,000 | Danbury, CT
Sold Listings and Properties
Have a ballpark figure when knowing the price of your home
If you’re considering selling your home in Washington CT, or have already made a choice to sell it, it’s important to have a good sense of what your home is worth in today’s market.
I have been in the real estate business for many years and I’ve encountered and have seen sellers follow specific factors that help them find out the worth of their home.
Your home is really only worth what someone will pay. So you’ll have to wait until you start getting offers to know. You also need to know that the value changes from time to time. The market fluctuates just as school ratings go up and down.
What can you do to increase the value of your home?
Even before pricing your home, you may have already gone online to check a few home value estimators. You may have been given figures according to the information you provided.
There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, you are encouraged to do your homework by knowing the process of selling a property and having an idea of how much your home in Washington CT will sell for. But remember, these are just “estimators”.
Here are some suggestions that can help your home’s value to go up:
- Know your property’s strengths. Write down the improvements you’ve made to your home recently. Things like adding a new roof or new insulation to increase your home’s energy efficiency. An expert said that most homes, even with all the bells and whistles, “will fall within a 2.5% range of the average sold price both below and over the number”. Correlate all the comparables or “comps” in your area that have sold in the 12 months into a bell curve. That way, you can eliminate the outliers and will come up with a figure that is right for market pricing.
- Ask your friends for a trusted REALTORⓇ. Technology is a great part of this whole process, but it does not replace a knowledgeable real estate agent or a REALTORⓇ. Ask him or her for a competitive market analysis (CMA) to get the most accurate value of your home or if they are using their own home value estimator, ask for their estimated value. They can tailor the estimate because they know the area better. They are familiar with the most current sales. They can also assist you in hiring an appraiser.
- These small home improvements can really pay off:
- Paint always provides dramatic results with little investment.
- A nice and simple deck will provide you with more than a place to flip burgers and soak up the sun.
- Remodel your kitchen. You can’t go wrong with an updated kitchen. This is said to net up to 83 % of the cost.
- Replace your windows. Energy-efficient windows eliminate drafts.
- Improve your landscape. You can plant petunias or surround your home with a hedge.
Are you ready to sell your home?
Choosing to sell your home is one of the crucial financial planning decisions that will have a lasting impact on your journey.
This can be done hassle-free. I can help you get the most accurate value of your home.
Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt, anytime at 203-994-4297. Share your plans with me!
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view What's My Washington CT Home Value? on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1hBS9Kc2Kw&feature=youtu.be