Things to do in Fairfield County, CT: October
Fall is officially here – aren’t you excited? It’s an exciting time to be in beautiful Fairfield County, and there are so many things going on this month that October may just fly by! Now that the kids are back into their routines of school and activities, it’s time to use the weekends to have some fun. There are some great events this month that will appeal to everyone; whether you’re looking for something to do on date night or a day out with the family, we’ve got you covered. Below are our top picks of events for October. Enjoy!
- Growing Up In Fairfield: Memories And Milestones, through Oct. 2, Fairfield Museum and History Center: Curious about what Fairfield County was like in the past? This interesting exhibit lets you explore how growing up in the area has changed over the years and includes rare mementos, letterman jackets, yearbooks and photographs. Find out more at the museum’s website.
- Whoopi Goldberg, Oct. 11, 8:30 p.m., Ridgefield Playhouse: Need a good laugh? Come see Whoopi, the actress, comedienne and personality, at the Ridgefield Playhouse for a night of comedy and fun! Learn about ticket prices and more by visiting this website.
- Peter Pan Jr., Oct. 18-Dec. 28, Downtown Cabaret Theatre: Bring your kids for a show full of fairies, pirates, happy thoughts and more at this fun, exciting show! Why watch this classic on TV when you can see it live? Tickets are $23 for children under 15 and $27 for adults. Find more details
- Charlie Daniels Band, Oct. 24, 8 p.m., Ridgefield Playhouse: Need something special for date night or a friends’ night out? Who could resist seeing music legend Charlie Daniels perform? Enjoy a night of Charlie, his band and his fiddle at the Ridgefield Playhouse! Learn about ticket prices and other info at the playhouse website.
- Extreme Habitats: Into The Deep Sea, all month, Bruce Museum: Do your kids love the ocean? Take them to the Bruce Museum for the day and make sure to stop by this fascinating exhibit that explores the wonders of the deep sea. Visit the museum’s website for more information.
Do you enjoy exploring Fairfield County’s museums with your family? What do you like to do as a family once fall comes? We’d love to hear what you get up to, so feel free to share by leaving a comment below!